Monday, June 12, 2006

On turning thirty....

This is a post I started about 10 days ago....I finally got around to finishing it.

Two days ago I turned 30. I didn't feel any older and certainly didn't feel any wiser when I woke up on the morning of the 10th. It was a great birthday weekend. I got all dressed up and had a dinner arranged with 2 other couples at one of this small towns fancist restauraunts. It was delightful to share the evening with a few people that I am closest to. We laughed and told our favorite birthday memories with each other. It reminded me that people really do need/want to be celebrated. The thing people remembered about their birthday wasn't the cool new toy or gift they recieved. Most of our memories were attached to something more significant (people, places, circumstances, words spoken). I think that is what was so special about this year. I felt really celebrated and loved. Here are some pictures:

No comments: