Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Creating despite the cold


Winter seems to just keep on coming. There is a longing to create within me that seems to parallel the hope for spring to come soon. I would love some fresh air, spring flowers, walks in the neighborhood. Last weekend I found a bit of creativity despite the cold that looms around me. I had been wanting an immersion blender for some time and finally got one this weekend. I knew just the thing that I wanted to try and make. I admit that one of my guilty pleasures is the Martha Show. I even DVR it everyday. I heard about this recipe for tomato soup on the show and just couldn't wait to make it. Believe me, it is as simple and utterly delicious as it seems. I served it with panini sandwiches (another favorite thing from christmas, my husband rocks!). Yum!
Another thing that I learned, on Martha, was that antique valentines are really quite valuable. I had no idea, but kept about 20-30 from my mother-in-law's estate. I decided for now to keep them, but to put them out for others to enjoy and so that I could tell people that these were my husband's great grandmother's valentines from the 1920's. Pretty amazing, really. I guess inspiration can come all year round. May you find yours, whatever the temperature might be.

No comments: