Tuesday, August 02, 2005

travels

I just took a vacation to the Northeast. I've never been to this part of the country before and enjoyed taking in all of the things that you notice when you are in a different culture. Here are some of my obvious observations about the New York and Boston areas. Everyone is in a hurry. 9/10 people have an ipod. Dunkin doughnuts are more frequent than Starbucks (I didn't know that was possible, watch out starbucks!) The letter R was stolen from the alphabet. Relationships are made through connections. Most people don't make eye contact. Everyone has a story they want to tell, if they are asked. You can go for hours without hearing English. In the five total days spent in this area, It was amazing how many great conversations I had with people. It was really fun to have the time to sit down and talk to people and listen to their stories. Many people my friend Correnta and I met told us that people never ask them about their lives. How cool, that we were able to bless people in the midst of our vacation. Those were my favorite moments. Tomorrow I leave again for a conference in Tenessee. I'm looking forward to what God might want to teach me and people he might want me to meet. At the same time I feel a little nervous that my heart might be stirred toward something bigger than I can even wrap my mind around now. I'm trying to stay dependent on Him.

No comments: