Friday, November 23, 2007

Not a charlie brown christmas....

B & I have been enjoying our first Thanksgiving at a married couple. We spent a day with one half of our extended family and had a grand time. As we left town on Wednesday I was waiting for my new camera to be delivered and we had to leave without it. I have been thinking about this camera for several months after having an urge to use my creative eye with this medium of photography. Hopefully, you'll be seeing more photos in the coming days. We decided to do some Christmas decorating and I was so excited to create an atmosphere that comes with the holiday season. I love a lit tree (white lights), nativity scenes, scents of pine, cinnamon and stocking hung on the mantle (or in our case the tv amoire). My sweet hubby brought a tree into the marriage and until this morning I didn't really know the size or shape of it. As we were looking at the box I noticed that it said 4 1/2 feet. Hmmm....I thought. For some reason I thought this tree was huge because B had said things like, "I wonder where we are going to put it". So naturally, I felt surprised and maybe even a little disappointed when I learned it was tiny. My love looked into my eyes and said, " I don't want you to have a charlie brown christmas tree". I smiled and said it wouldn't be. We decided to put the little tree up and see what we thought of it and if we wanted something bigger this year. B assembled it, we fluffed it, and put strands of white lights on it. We each had ornaments from years gone by, and it was so sweet to tell stories and remember as we put each ornament on the tree. This little 4 1/2 foot tree is the most precious thing in our house right now, apart from my husband. The decorating continued with a search for a wreath at some local stores. I ended up making two myself and absolutely love them! This season of creating just gets me excited. I plan to be posting a lot more and maybe even changing the look of this virtual space. So, stay tuned.

1 comment:

Carmen said...

How beautiful! How sweet to enjoy your first Christmas and husband and wife!