Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Along the way...

As we were walking through Boston and driving through Maine I always had my camera with me and was ready to find something inspiring or beautiful to capture. I really love this about new places. I found this image on the street on the freedom trail, change ave. My first thought was, 'that is a road I want to be on'. I have continued to think about this idea of change. I feel like in my spiritual life so much change happened in my college years and a few past. Then over the last few years it has felt like a bit of a plateau. I often think about having one of those 'moments' like I had in those years and wonder what is different now. Is it my desire or is it season of life or some strange combination of the two. All I know right now is that I really want Christ to continue to change me. I'm asking that I will put myself on that road by His grace.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that picture! And totally resound with the sentiment of your post. Maintaining the college-style spiritual high is unrealistic (and one must assume it occurs largely due to the other college-style things surrounding)...but I too desire to sense God's constant activity in my life like I did then.