Friday, August 15, 2008

Vacation Part 2

One of the things that B and I did a lot of during our vacation was eat. When you don't have a kitchen, you eat out. We did take breakfast food with us so we could eat in our hotel room for that meal. We had some great food. For the most part we ate at places that we don't have here in town, which is really easy to do. I thought I would post some pictures of some of the food we enjoyed the most. Those of you that are dieting, sorry. I hope you can enjoy this virtual food.

Food court food on our first day. Delicious, fresh, fast, chinese food. yum...


Modern Pastry shop is in Boston's North End. I heard of this place from another blogger, jkirlin. It was a great place to have a bit of sweet after an Italian meal that apparently wasn't picture worthy. This cupcake was the best cupcake I have EVER had. B had a florentine, which he enjoyed.

I learned on this vacation that my hubby really likes pub food. Every time we passed a pub, which was a lot, he wanted to look at the menu and what was on tap. This was an Irish pub and this was B's meal of Irish stew. The bite I had was tasty. Below is a menu from another pub. B loved the emphasis on no bad beer.

This was by far the coolest thing. Wheeler's Vegan ice cream. It is dairy free, and delicious. I ate my ice cream so fast I didn't even get a picture, but I had cookies and cream and latte. I also tried avacado ice cream which was surprisingly good. It felt so nice to walk into a place where I could eat everything. It is a new business, but my guess is that it is going to be a great success.
be good. This joint we went to was in harvard square, one of our favorite places. Burgers, salads, fries (baked or fried, sweet or regular). What a great concept! We enjoyed our meal and were both able to enjoy our own version of burger and fries. I love the variety you can get in a bigger city.

Those were the highlights of Boston. Now on to Maine. Our first stop was this place on the coast. The Clam Hut is an interesting place. It is a order at the window type place. It was a great people watching spot. I had a woman in the line to the bathroom tell me she has a dropped bladder. I let her go ahead of me, and tried not to laugh out loud. People had their dogs with them and I've never seen more fried sea food in my life! B and I had lobster rolls and fries. Delicious!

Just a few more stops..we ate at more pubs, had an amazing breakfast at the B & B we stayed at, and at the Lobsterman's warf in East Boothbay. And one more place for sea food. An iconic spot of Portland lobster comany. We sure had a great time exploring new foods and places. The picture of the lobster is a buzzer that lights up and shakes when your order is ready.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, what's the red lobster looking thing in the last picture? i can't figure it out. a candle?

Jenni said...

It is a buzzer to let you know when your food is ready. It lights up and buzzes.

Anonymous said...

So the dropped bladder comment made me laugh a lot! I wish I could've been there with you at that moment! I so love strange conversations! Gail

jkirlin said...

That jkirlin knows where to get ALL the pastries.

I was scrolling through your blog and saw the Moderan Pastry sign and said to myself HEY! I've been THERE! Then I saw MY name. I think they owe me a cannoli now or something.

They use those little buzzing lobsters at the Barking Crab in Boston, too. They take your credit card as a deposit to getit back otherwise there is a 100 dollar change for it.