Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Vacation Part 1


We are back from our wonderful vacation and I have so much I want to blog about. Several times I found myself wishing I had brought my laptop so I could have posted pictures and written each day. So this will be a retrospective of our vacation and I am going to have my hubby post some pictures and favorite parts of vacation on his blog (part of my attempt to get him blogging again). When he posts I'll put a link on my blog.

We started our time flying from KC to Manchester, New Hampshire. We arrived at 2 am because of delays and we stayed in a hotel that night, a priceline win of $50 for a Fairfield inn by Marriott. It was decorated really modern and fun (too tired to take a photo). The next day we drove into Boston using a GPS my parents lent us-which is a subject for an a post of it's own. We parked our car at the hotel and then decided to begin exploring before we could check in. It was then that I began to see how great our hotel was. It was located in Cambridge, just across from the MIT campus. Attached to the hotel was Starbucks and a food court. The "T"(subway stop) was just 200 yards from the back door of the hotel. I just smiled when I relized how awesome these things combined were, and all for a priceline steal of $80 a night. We had some lunch then went to start walking the freedom trail....
I hope that B will write more in detail about some of this. There is a red line that leads people from one location to the next all together it is about 2 1/2 miles, with really interesting stops along the way. It was overcast and rained off and on. That actually ended up to be a great thing because since it is tourist season, usually crowds are crazy, not when we were there. We just had umbrellas from the dollar tree (you can get an umbrella for a dollar!) and enjoyed the cool weather. I was impressed by how much early US history happened right in this area. So many important decisions made, battles fought, people standing for truth is really inspiring. It reminded me that people will fight for what they believe in, that people really want the experience of joining together for the greater good. I'm not all that patriotic, but was captured by many of the stories that occured along this trail. After arriving at Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market (about half way) we were both exhausted and after some delicious gelato, we headed back to the hotel to check in and became even more amazed at the deal we had scored-check it out. To be continued.....

1 comment:

Erika said...

Welcome home!! Can't wait to see you.