Thursday, May 14, 2009

35 Weeks

Today marks week 35, which means I have about 5 weeks remaining before Chloe comes into the world. I am actually enjoying these days, getting things ready for her arrival, sleeping well, and eating ice cream (the real stuff, people!). Some of you might know that for about the past 5 years I haven't been able to consume dairy products due to a bacteria I picked up in China that messed up my digestive system. I read some information that this can be reversed during pregnancy (either temporarily or permanently). I decided one evening to give it a try with a dairy queen cone. No problems ensued and I have been enjoying the occasional treat since. I have even had cheese on a sandwich with no issues. It is pretty fun to enjoy some of the 'off-limits' foods I have been living with out for 5 years. I am trying to not go too crazy as to not gain any more baby weight than I already have.

Last weekend some of my best friends hosted a baby shower for me. It was such a great time. I felt incredibly loved and spoiled by all the adorable things given to bring our sweet girl into the world. I love baby showers because there is always a unique array of people from different parts of life there. It was so great to see everyone that was able to come. Here are a few pictures from the day...I found it hard to take pictures at my own shower.

The lovely hostesses of the shower

Mom and sister

People have asked if I have my bags packed and if I am ready to have her. No bags yet and still enjoying her growing inside of me-although she is getting crowded. I will start going to the doc 1x a week from here on out and get to find out all the technical stuff that might be going on. So far all I know is her head is down, which is a great thing. Her room is close to completed and I will hopefully post some pictures in the next week or so.

I also had a wonderful mother's day. My hubby took me to lunch, gave me tulips and ice cream and bought me a pair of shoes that I really like. Here is a picture of my love in the baby room.

2 comments:

Erika said...

I can't believe that 1) Chloe is almost here, and 2) that you can eat ice cream! Wouldn't it be awesome if it stayed around after pregnancy?

Kate said...

The room is coming together so great!!!!