Tuesday, November 29, 2005

That wild woman Ruth!

I was talking with a good friend of mine that I hadn't seen in a while, Eli Kettlim. I was telling him that I'm not sure exactly what it looks like for me to be available to be pursued by a man. I told him how I was processing through what was Biblical as as single woman and what is just American Christian cultural standards I try to follow. He said, "Yeah, like Ruth, she was a wild woman! She laid at some guys feet. I guarantee if you laid at someone's feet you'd get a response." I said, "I want to be risky and wild like that, in a culturally appropriate way." His response was, "I'm not sure what I would do with someone that wild." Well, what do Christian men want, do they even know ??? Do they want a woman like Ruth (who only laid at Boaz's feet with guidance from a wise woman) or not? The mystery continues. What does availability really look like for me ? Maybe nothing needs to change. I'm thankful for friends like Eli, that will engage in conversations like this with me.

3 comments:

alethea said...

This is such an intriguing and meaningful topic for me too. I would LOVE to talk to you about this sometime over coffee. Are you up for that?

Jenni said...

Let's do it sometime next week.

Anonymous said...

Let me know what you find out!