Sunday, July 27, 2008

A few days away

Brent and I had a great 2 days spent with friends and family. Saturday, I was able to re-connect with a life-long friend. It was such a good time of fellowship and catching up. I hope we don't wait 2 more years to do so again. Then we were gifted a hotel room in Kansas City for one night, which was a wonderful get away. We checked in, went out to eat at one of our favorite spots in town, Bo Ling's. It is a great Chinese restaurant, authentic with great ambiance, reasonable prices and big portions. Check it out if you live in town. I got this cookie and was inspired to capture an image as a sort of challenge to the 'fortune' given. So, here's my creative side: We had a relaxing evening in the hotel with hot tubbing and cable TV! We enjoyed watching myth busters-those guys are crazy-fun! This morning we were off to the family's place and had a great time swimming, playing with the nephews and niece, and chatting with B's brother and sister-in-law. We really loved it. We are home now for a full week before we leave for our vacation, which I am SO excited about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast, Jenni--wish I had gone to Bo Lings with you! Thanks for stopping by today--love to see ya! Gail